From 5 to 10 p.m., The Taste of Marietta – Taking it to the Streets fundraiser will be held in the 200 block of Putnam Street in downtown Marietta. The event is a benefit for the Ely Chapman Education Foundation.
Samples will include Greek food, chocolate treats, several varieties of pizza, hot dogs, desserts and more, all available for the price of a ticket.
The event will feature not only food samples from several restaurants from around the area, but non-food vendors and live entertainment on a stage set up directly on Putnam Street. Performing will be High Schools That Rock, area students from grades 1-12 who focus on playing guitar. Also playing will be a ukulele ensemble simply called “The Ukulele Group.” The Stage Door next to the Peoples Bank Theatre will have live performances inside throughout the evening as well.
Tickets for the Taste of Marietta are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12. They are available at the Ely Chapman Education Foundation located at 403 Scammel St. or at the event itself.
Restaurants participating include Putnam Chocolate, da Vinci’s, Living River Cafe, Smitty’s Pizza, Over the Moon Pizza, Flying Dogs, Parkhurst Catering, The Original Pizza Place, Tasteful Occasions, Elenie’s Souvlaki Greek Food Truck.
If you go
• What: The Taste of Marietta-Taking it to the Streets.
• Where: 200 block of Putnam Street.
• When: 5 to 10 p.m. Sept. 22.
• Tickets: $10 for adults, $5 for children under 12
• Restaurants participating: Putnam Chocolate, da Vinci’s, Living River Cafe, Smitty’s Pizza, Over the Moon Pizza, Flying Dogs, Parkhurst Catering, The Original Pizza Place, Tasteful Occasions Catering, Elenie’s Souvlaki Greek Food Truck.